Monday, April 13, 2015

Fear God or Man

Romans 8:31-39
“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"  

        We are to fear God not man.  We should not be afraid of God, but we should fear Him in reverence to who he is as Job learned to do.  Fear can promote humility with the appropriate response!!  Don't get me wrong, fear is not of God; however overcoming fear is not accomplished without humility.  Too often are we clouded by pride.  When we fear we feel vulnerable and vulnerability reminds us of our mistakes.  Overcoming our fears allow us to Trust God and fear him rather than man.
True freedom comes when you're not afraid of vulnerability.  Then and only then can you fully surrender; giving God full authority.

What if we look at fear as a reminder we are not perfect and overcoming it as a way to step out of pride?  Satan can not create, but only use or twist what is already there, so hidden behind every lie is a truth (Read Screw-tape Letters by CS Lewis).  If fear is not of God, then it is a twisted or false form of what is true.  So is Fear a lie?  Identifying our fear allows us to look at our mistakes and turn it around.  Once identified, we see what lie we were believing and have the option to change or learn.  Without humility we cannot overcome fear.  Overcoming fear produces humility and humility peace, which allowing us to experience the full depth of the Christ's love.

         In the movie, Batman, the first thing he is told to do in his training is to rid himself of all his fears.  In fact he gives himself a name from which he most fears, bats.  This year I made a goal to overcome all my fears.  First thought, I just didn't want anyone to have anything to use against me. While it’s not for everyone, for me it turned into a way to give of my all to God.  I thought maybe I watch too much TV for no one was out to get me, but Why should I let any fear keep me from carrying out a plan God has for me?  There are plenty of fears people have, but don't we really just fear ourselves?  We are man as well and we are to fear God not man no?  Hard is not impossible it is silly not easy.  It is only as hard as you make it.  When overcoming something when I try to fight it I find myself making up excuses.  At church last Sunday my pastor pointed out that: often when we find excuses come easy is when God wants us to do something and just trust Him.  When we step out of our comfort zone we become very vulnerable and the first thing that seems to be in check is our pride.  Sweating blood before death on the cross, Christ may have been scared, but he was not reluctant to carry out God's will.  Through this not only do I begin to find greater freedom with the Lord, but greater peace with myself as well.
       When we become comfortable with vulnerability is when God can use us the most.  We find hope when we cling to the knowledge that freedom comes after the fight.  Or as it says in the scriptures, “The battle is already won”.  Too often do I struggle with the fear of making a mistake, but how will we know unless we try.  For the longest time I hated doing anything in front of anyone: singing, public speaking, even just speaking up in class or small groups I worried I would say something wrong and now look where I am.  I began to see that many fears are based on a lack of good knowledge or understanding or bad/false experience.  Remember as Job learned to Fear God not Man.  Fear is a powerful tool.  It can either bring you up reminding you to be humble or tear you down when you focus on your flaws.  So which do you choose?  Do u fear God or Man?





I would love to hear some of your thoughts or opinions on this subject.  Please feel free to leave you comments and questions or any other suggestions on topics you would like me to blog about!!  I am open to any suggestions and compliments as well as constructive criticism.
      ~Thanks

  

#Kalei #Blogs #Fear #Misunderstood

Sources Used:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZL2tAWcGj8&list=PLrq5kfc63lHdyJ7sHMNwKKqGXmMO4G-OA&index=2

No comments:

Post a Comment