Monday, March 2, 2015

Community

John 16:33 (ESV). "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation period but take heart semicolon I have overcome the world."

Genesis 1:26
“Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Hebrews 10:24-25(ESV)"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

         We all live and learn. 
I could go on and on about all the pain I have been through; anger management as a young child, the suicidal death of a friend my sophomore year of High School, and about a year ago went to the funeral of a daughter I went to Highschool with and her mother.  I have had my fair share of pain and it has not always been an easy road, but it has only made me stronger.  Experience has taught me that it's not what you've been through, but how you respond and we were not meant to do it alone, but live in community.  Looking back I would say that while hard may not be easy and neither is it impossible, in order to overcome the situation there are times others are needed for guidance.  Yes, there are times we can do it ourselves and in no way should we be lazy, but there comes a point when you need to seek the counsel of others.  
        

         Striving to live up to my fullest potential not letting any fear stand in the way of God's calling has recently taught me patience and humility.  The funny thing is I never really knew it was something I lacked, until I made it a goal to overcome all my fears.  
I have always told myself I could do better, try harder, or dream bigger, but never really followed through with it.  We can do ALL things through Christ who gives [us] strength as seen in Philippians 4:13; however sometimes being able to do"all things" means seeking help from others and asking for help requires humility.  We were all called to teach each other and come together with both our weaknesses and strengths as followers of Christ just as Mike points out.  God is a triune God or a community; therefore, as the body of Christ we are as well and not an island!!  I have always thought of myself as tough, but I have come to realize is sometimes it gets to me and I begin to put on layer after layer masking myself from the help I may very well need.  Not really as to say I am perfect, but more a twisted version of the truth as I sometimes tell myself, "If I have God who else do I need?".    
       As seen John 16:33 Christ overcame so that we could overcome and sometimes to get over the hills in life we need to ask for help.  There is nothing wrong with telling myself I can overcome it with Christ; however instead of looking for ways to overcome I put layer after layer of excuses on why I don't have to deal with it.  I would even go as far to say I am an overcomer with Christ and He has already taken or dealt with it for me.  While it is true, but that doesn't mean I don't have face it.  Thus being one thing I feel that God has taught me is to embrace my true identity!! Quit putting on a tough façade as if I have it all together.  For I am just as human as anyone else; no better, no worse and sometimes we need to ask for help or advice from our fellow believers. For we are all bound to make mistakes at least once in our lifetime.  Instead or looking at them as mistakes try looking at them as areas of improvement with intention to do so; let your mistakes make you tough.  Then you can let my light shine without burning out the flame. 
I would love to hear some of your thoughts or opinions on this subject.  Please feel free to leave you comments and questions or any other suggestions on topics you would like me to blog about!!  I am open to any suggestions and compliments as well as constructive criticism as I may turn these into a short video blog or book.
      ~Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment